Strengthen your message by zeroing in on what *really* triggers customers to buy. When you’re not 100% clear about what motivates customers to buy or what messaging will resonate with them, it’s not just frustrating for you and your team—it’s a massive time-suck. You’ll spend countless hours “marketing” your business and pouring your heart into blog posts, sales pages, videos, email sequences, and ads that prospective customers basically ignore. It’s deflating.
Are you sick of wasting your time on stuff that doesn’t make you money? It’s time to stop guessing and start growing.
About the workshop
Join us for a fast-paced 1-day workshop. During this workshop you’ll learn how to blast through uncertainty and scale your business faster by getting out of your own head… and into your customer’s. Your team will walk away from this workshop with measurably better messaging and a new understanding about what *really* motivates customers to buy — in just one day!
This Workshop Is Right For You If…
- You know you need to clarify your messaging because sometimes people don’t “get” what you do.
- You want to figure out how to predictably acquire more customers (without spending all your money on ads or all your free time at networking events)
- You’re working on something new — like a new sales page, go-to market strategy or product — and you want to maximize your ROI (and avoid another flop)
- You want to get your team on the same page about your customer strategy so you can work more cohesively.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for growth-ready teams or individuals. It’s ideal for you if:
- You’re a marketer who is sick of wasting time on stuff that doesn’t move the needle
- You’re a founder who feels totally overwhelmed by “all the marketing stuff” and wants real clarity about where to invest your limited time
- You’re a freelancer or agency owner who wants to figure out how to get sales more predictably—for you and your clients—so you can finally make time to scale your business
Katelyn Bourgoin is a 3X founder turned growth strategist and trainer. Named as an influencer by Forbes, Katelyn’s past clients include tech startups, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies like Target and Holiday Inn. Today Katelyn helps frustrated marketers and product teams figure out what triggers their *right fit* customers to buy. When companies know who their best customers are and what those customers really want, it becomes much easier to create awesome products and sell more of them. The result? More happy customers and more money in the bank.
- 8:30-9:00 – Registration, Networking and Coffee
- 9:00-12:00 – Morning Session
- 12:00-12:45 – Lunch (provided)
- 12:45 – 4:30 – Afternoon Session
To Register: Click the Register button above or contact Jessica McCall for more information.
*Please note that as our funding partner, VENN Innovation will receive registrant names and contact information.
All workshop materials and electronics (laptops, tablets) provided; although participants may use their own laptops/smartphones if they wish.
Participants are responsible for their own lunch (nearby options around the corner on Main t)
Our Ladies Learning Code program offers female-identified and male-identified, trans, and non-binary adults hands-on, project-based learning experiences that are designed to give beginners the skills and confidence they need to become digital creators. Ladies Learning Code programs tackle the tech gender gap one positive, empowering learning experience at a time.Our workshops, courses and meet-ups are open to adults of all ages and genders but are designed to be a space where women explicitly are welcome to learn.
Participants will: build their own “wireframe app prototype” using Marvel Prototyping
VENUE: United Way Boardroom, T 220 – Community Peace Center, 22 Church St, Moncton
Why learn about UX design?
With great design comes great responsibility. User experience (UX) design isn’t just about creating pretty or functioning websites – it’s about creative solutioning and trying to make people’s lives and experiences better.
As designers, we need to remember that we aren’t designing products for ourselves, but for other people. Being a UX designer allows you to work with and problem solve for a variety of different people, and empathy plays a huge part in this.
During this collaborative learning experience, we’ll explore the difference between UI and UX, and how they work together. We’ll walk through the design cycle; including discovery, user testing, and user personas. Learners will also have a chance to experience different UX methods through hands-on exercises, including building physical and digital prototypes.
None! This workshop is designed for beginners.
As a business owner or manager, you’re an expert in your sector. You know your products, your competitors, and what brings value to your customers. Like most professionals though, you are most likely not trained in the field of opera- tional excellence & improvement and therefore although working very hard, you could be wasting precious time each week on non-value-added work.
You wouldn’t be alone. No matter their size, most organizations evolve over time into vertical silos or functional group- ings of tasks. Unfortunately, value created for your customers is through work that flows horizontally, not vertically. This is where the waste hides. In 2019, the most valuable resource to anyone is time. It’s critical to learn the skills to identify hidden waste in work processes and implement practical solutions to optimize the time you have, to grow your business.
In this workshop you will:
- Be introduced to what productivity truly is and is not, and why you should care
- Identify your personal ‘peak productivity’ time of day and how to optimize it
- Learn to identify what value-added work is, versus value enabling work & non-value-added work or waste
- Be introduced to all the forms of process waste and how to identify them in your business
- Learn practical solutions to minimize waste and maximizing the efficiency of your business processes
Jennifer Kikkert is a seasoned facilitator and energizing public speaker with 15 years of experience in process improve- ment, culture change, and operational excellence. President & founder of Visualiiz, Jen is passionate about helping organizations ‘see’ opportunities for improvement that often go unnoticed. Having spent 12 years working in the public sector, and the last 4 in private industry, Jen has great experience in knowledge industries where the actual processes are hard to see. Jen holds a Process Mastery Certification from the Hammer & Co program in Boston and is a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt.
Top Ten Takeaways from Inbound
The largest marketing conference in North America
Inbound hosted 20 000 people during their 4 day conference that started on September 3rd, and Fred Laforge was one of them. He attended many keynote speeches, including hearing from the two founders of Hubspot, and he wants to share with you what he learnt.
- What’s the flywheel?
- What are the new tools and trends in sales and marketing?
- How do you focus on your potential customer and bring them value?
11:30am-12:00pm – Networking
12:00pm-1:00pm – Presentation
Bring your lunch and join Fred on September 24th at Venn Centre.